My weeks are filled with reading, Bible study, and interviews with authors and ministers. Here are 5 things I heard last week that are worthy to be shared with you.
1. I continue to hear from the Lord about the importance of journaling. I was reminded again last week about receiving and retaining revelation through journaling. Record what you receive from the Lord during your daily Bible reading. As you record what you hear, it will be easier to retain. Consider making note cards of your key verse to take away for the day.
Check out this link for manila library card pockets. I’ve recently started putting one of the pockets in the back of every book (and my journals) to hold 3×5 note cards for my takeaway notes.
2. I heard Dr. Ray Self speak about the importance of hearing God’s voice.
He told me, “I believe God is broadcasting, probably God’s like the old FM radio. He’s broadcasting – we just need to tune in. He’s talking to us. He wants to be heard. He wants to communicate with us. He’s trying to communicate in a lot of different ways. We’re just too distracted, too busy to hear His voice.”
Link to Greenelines podcast with Dr. Ray Self:
3. Chip Ingram shared his life verse with me on a recent podcast. I’m currently memorizing this great verse from 1 Corinthians 15:10:
“But by the grace of God, I am what I am. And His grace toward me was not in vain. I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.”
You may also want to check out Chip’s free app. Just type in his name in the search field of your app store.
Chip’s new book is titled Discover Your True Self. Be free to be the you that God made.
Link to Greenelines podcast with Chip Ingram:
4. I heard this quote and wrote it in my journal. I’ve read it every day since. What a blessing to know….
“Jesus opened their minds to the scripture and He opened the scripture to their minds.”
So thankful for how He opens both in our lives.
5. This song blessed me over and over again last week. I can’t get enough! Turn it up loud! Sing it! Thank you, Jesus. And thanks Hillsong!