The hearts of many people are not in right standing to activate their healing. The Lord gave me the following list in a dream concerning the attitudes of that heart that we need to cultivate. I believe it will help and bless you to heal.
- We Need to Be Humble Like Jairus, we need to humble ourselves, fall down at the feet of Jesus, and make our requests known (see Luke 8:41). Acknowledging that He is our Lord and Savior and our source for healing, we must invite His healing power into our homes, just as Jairus did.
- We Need to Seek We need to seek and find out, as the leprous man did, what the will of the Lord is concerning healing (see Luke 5:12-13). We need to study the Word of God for ourselves. As we read about actual healing in His Word our faith will be stirred to believe.
- We Need to Press Into His Presence Just as the woman with the issue of blood pressed into Jesus’ presence and touched the very heart of Him, we need to enter into His manifested presence (see Luke 8:43-48).
- We Need to Be Fully Persuaded Abraham was fully persuaded, and we need to be too. We need to rid ourselves of all doubt and unbelief regarding whether or not it’s God’s will to heal us. Like Abraham, we need to call those things that are not as though they are while ignoring the realm of the five senses and all human reasoning (see Rom. 4: 13-22).
- We Need to Judge God Faithful Like Sarah, we need to come to the realization that God is faithful (see Heb. 11:11). The more we allow His presence to manifest in us while we are in His Word, the more we will know Him and learn to trust Him. We too will judge Him faithful to keep His promises to us.
- We Need to Be Obedient As Naaman discovered, obedience is a must (see 2 Kings 5:1-14). Whatever God instructs us to do, we must do it! And we must do it with a submissive attitude, knowing who He is and who we are in Him.
- We Need to Put our Faith into Action Immediately, we need to put our faith into action, as the man with the withered hand did, and watch what happens! The healing may be instant, or it may be progressive in nature; either way, it is miraculous. But it will only start after we put our faith into action (see Luke 6:6-10).
- We May Need to Find Support We may need to do as the paralytic man did and rely on friends of like-faith to support us while we obtain our healing (see Luke 5:17-26).
If we will activate these 8 changes of the heart we will see our healings manifest.
Adapted from DARE to Believe by Becky Dvorak. Becky Dvorak is a healing minister and the Destiny Image author of DARE to Believe and Greater Than Magic. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.