Maybe it’s a good time to remind wives how meaningful their touch is to their husbands. Sometimes wives can allow a distance in their relationship with their husband because of his rough exterior or his lack of emotion.
I hope to encourage you to reach for your husband and let him know how much he means to you. Sharing your soft touch with him will certainly soften up his demeanor. Here are seven meaningful touches your husband is waiting for:
1. When he is working around the house, bringing him a beverage is a huge sign that you notice his efforts to make your home a place to enjoy. Reaching for him at this time is huge in showing him your gratitude. It will prompt him to do much more, more often.
2. Slipping a handwritten note into his briefcase or laying it on the console of his truck will cause him to think about you during the day. He’ll work hard, but he will also hurry home.
3. I know this one may cause you to cringe, but at least consider it: Massage his feet. It would be the modern equivalent of a foot washing. It is humbling and possibly pretty gross. However, it would be an incredible touch of kindness and expression of love.
4. Obviously your husband doesn’t want flowers, but a ticket to his favorite game would be an awesome touch.
5. Plan your day and save some energy for your husband. Approach him for intimacy. Don’t always make him be the pursuer.
6. Reach for him at random times. While watching television, walking or at a restaurant. A public display of affection initiated by you is admirable. It shows a level of respect and honor that is rarely demonstrated in modern culture.
7. Rub his shoulders. Most men hold their stress in their neck and shoulder areas. Your touch will release the heavy burden he is carrying.
Bonus Touch :
Let me add that if you do this one, the impact could be immeasurable. As he is leaving the house and pulling out of the driveway, watch him from the window. Lift your hands toward him and speak blessings over him, expressing gratitude for who he is and asking God to empower the work of his hands. He may not see you or know that you do it, but your touch will be worked through God’s hands, blessing all that he does.
Reach for your husband. He needs you.
Neil Kennedy is the founder of FivestarMan. Neil has passionately promoted God’s Word for 25 plus years of ministry. He is known for practically applying Biblical principles that elevate people to a new level of living. As a business, church, ministry and life consultant, Neil has helped others strategize the necessary steps to reach their full potential. His full time focus is now on FivestarMan and he travels extensively each week speaking in churches and seminars challenging men to step up and grab the reins of authentic manhood.