Impactful decisions and our nation and government taking a significant step away from being one nation under God has left Christians not knowing how to pray as we move forward.
Our country is supporting the killing of unborn children and homosexuality has been accepted. With the lurking Iran deal appearing a shoo-in to get passed, it is yet another sign our country is no longer supporting Israel. God’s judgment is bound to come upon America, but how are we to pray during all of this?
Do we pray, “God please stop; God don’t allow your hand to come upon our land?” Do we pray for repentance and forgiveness? Do we pray protection and His will to be done?
Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps His judgment has to come down in order for revival and a great awakening to come? Does His judgement have to come to wake-up America and get people to turn their hearts back to the Lord?
We are at a crucial point, a defining moment in America. And yes we should pray, but how do we? Consider these points as we enter into this next season:
- Pray for repentance and forgiveness. “If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chr. 7:14).
- Pray God’s will be done. “Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven” (Matt. 6:10).
- Pray that the Holy Spirit convicts people to change and repent. “When He comes, He will convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment” (John 16:8).
- “To execute judgment on everyone, and to convict all who are godless of all their wicked deeds that they have committed, and of all the terrible words that godless sinners have spoken against Him” (Jude 1:15).
- Pray for Israel. “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. ‘May they prosper who love you!'” (Ps. 122:6).
- Declare and put your faith in the fact that God is your protector and that you trust in Him (Ps. 91).
- Pray for a faith increase. “And the apostles said to the Lord, ‘Increase our faith'” (Luke 17:5).
- Pray that despite what you see and experience that you live by faith. “For we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Cor. 5:7).
- Pray in faith that His perfect will be accomplished, so that in the end we bring in the greatest harvest. Pray His will be done so that whatever is suffered here on earth will be nothing compared to the glory we and the people who believe in Him will experience in the kingdom of God.
Kathy DeGraw is the founder of DeGraw Ministries a ministry releasing the love and power of God. She travels hosting conferences, teaching schools and evangelistic love tours. Kathy enjoys writing and is the author of several books that educate, empower and equip people, including Warfare Declarations and Flesh, Satan or God. Connect with Kathy at www.degrawministries.org.