When it comes to theme parks, Disney is the gold standard. The cleanliness, the attitude of the staff, the systems and the ride innovations are at the highest level.
Anytime a person goes to a different amusement park after experiencing Disney, they see the difference between above average and excellence. As fathers, it is our job to guide our daughters to be strong, independent women and set the gold standard of a man through our actions, words and deeds.
Here are five ways dads can be good examples of a great man:
1. Honor the Golden Rule. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others how you would like to be treated. This includes the way you speak to each other and how you act, because sometimes actions speak louder than words.
2. Do what you say and mean what you do. Words mean something, be a man of your word. Be dependable, a person people can count on.
3. Be a “gentle man.” Conduct yourself with dignity and strive to leave others feeling positive and respected with every interaction. Be kind and express your feelings openly and honestly.
4. Solve conflict with words not violence. Anger is a natural emotion. If you are angry, take a minute and cool down before you speak, because words are like toothpaste, you can’t put them back in the tube after they have been squeezed out.
5. Show how you care. Showing how you feel can be difficult sometimes. Small gestures towards your daughter can go a long way. For example, a simple “thank you,” making her favorite dinner or giving her a hug. Ask her what you can do to show her that you care.
For the original article, visit allprodad.com.