If you had fed your body the same way you fed your spirit in the last 12 months, would you be here today?
Here are a few tips for your spirit man to grow by learning to harbor the Word of God within you.
- Read It (Matt. 12:3) – Jesus expected people to read the Bible.
In the average American household, 87% say they have a Bible but only 11% actually read the Bible.
If you do not read your Bible because you battle with the excuse that you won’t understand it, find a simpler translation, open it, and read.
- Listen to the Bible (Rom. 10:17) – In the Old Testament, the law was read in front of the people. Apostle Paul says to read his epistles to the church.
If you are not listening to the Bible, you are missing a component of how it can get into your life.
- Meditate on The Bible (Ps. 1:2) – Meditation has been hijacked by the world, it’s about detachment from everything. Christian meditation is about attachment to God’s Word, His commandments and His Spirit.
- Memorize Biblical Verses (Matt. 22:29) – Jesus called the Pharisees ignorant of the Bible because they hadn’t learned or memorized it. Jesus quoted the Old Testament at least 60 times.
You don’t have to learn all of it but start by memorizing one verse a week.
- Obey the Bible (Matt. 7:24) – This is difficult, but every other step leads to this one.
Someone who builds their house on the rock is someone who reads, hears, meditates, memorizes and then obeys the Bible.
Is the Bible your church snack or your meal?
Snacks don’t keep us alive, they simply prevent us from getting too hungry, once in a while. Don’t make the Bible your snack, make it your meal, every day.
Bring Charisma magazine home with a subscription today!
Vladimir Savchuk leads the HungryGen movement and pastors a multi-cultural church with a clear-cut, focused vision to see the salvation of souls, healing, deliverance and the raising of young leaders. He leads the annual Raised to Deliver conference which attract thousands from all over the globe. He leads three different internships. He is a sought-after speaker at conferences and camps. Visit his YouTube channel here.