Shavuot, or Pentecost, is one of the most important feasts and times of our Judeo-Christian faith.
Pentecost is the timeframe where the Torah was given to Moses on top of Mount Sinai, and years later, is also the same timeframe where the promise of the Holy Spirit was released in the upper room in Acts 2. Pentecost is a time where the nation and kingdom of God is birthed.
God is birthing something new again.
Another Move of God
In this Pentecost season, expect these seven prophetic promises to be fulfilled:
1. Peace upon Israel. “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you!” (Ps. 122:6).
Nearly every year around this Pentecost season, we see something significant take place in the Holy Land. This is not a coincidence but has to do with God’s sovereign timeline of appointed feasts and seasons.
Even in this time of turmoil and crisis among Israel and the surrounding nations, expect peace to come upon Jerusalem! Expect a ceasefire and a demolishing of all enemy forces!
2. Promotions in the Spirit. “When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like a mighty rushing wind came from heaven, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting” (Acts 2:1-2).
After a period of 10 days from Christ’s ascension and prophecy of promise, there was only 120 who remained in the upper room in Jerusalem out of the initial 500 who had seen and heard.
God is promoting you in the Spirit to receive what you’ve paid the price for. Those who have pressed through and pushed past the attacks will gain double favor and honor!
3. Positions of authority. Moses was called up to Mount Sinai to receive the Ten Commandments, the Law of God, and Peter stood up amongst the crowd and preached with authority before all.
In this Pentecost season, God is anointing certain individuals and ministries to rise up with a new seat of authority and power.
4. Prayers accelerated. “There appeared to them tongues as of fire, being distributed and resting on each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to speak” (Acts 2:3-4).
Pentecost is a time of awakening and renewal. The Holy Spirit baptized the Acts church to speak in heavenly languages.
Your prayers will be effectual and will accelerate God’s kingdom purposes.
5. Power to dismantle demonic forces. “Then those who gladly received his word were baptized, and that day about three thousand souls were added to them” (Acts 2:41).
On the day of Pentecost, 3,000 souls were swept into God’s kingdom from the blindness and the spirit of the age.
Pentecost is the promise of God’s might and power that lives within each and every individual, to dismantle and disrupt all evil forces that surround you.
6. Purity of God’s purposes. The baptism of the fire of the Holy Spirit stands for God’s purity and holiness. God is purifying the church from having mere good religious services to becoming a glorious bride of power and beauty.
God is purifying His people from false alignments, connections and idolatrous religious forms and traditions.
7. Prosperity of God’s people. Every biblical feast has to do with harvest. It is a time of celebration and feasting on God’s abundance, goodness and provision.
This Pentecost season will bless and benefit the people of God with a long and overdue harvest of prosperity and jubilee joy!
Dr. Ben Lim is the senior pastor of Open Heavens World, which currently oversees three church plants in Southern California. He is a dynamic Millennial preacher who has traveled to nearly 50 countries in just the past 10 years. He spent his earlier years in the mission fields of Asia and Southeast Asia, preaching the gospel to unreached people groups. He is the CEO of Ben Lim Global and Ben Lim Ministries. His ministry is accompanied with notable signs, wonders and miracles.
*Note: This article was repurposed from May 24, 2021.