With Gov. Rick Perry’s controversial prayer event just a week away, Pastor
Steven Andrew is joining a growing crowd of voices calling on Christians in the United States to repent for the sins of the nation. The founder of USA Christian Ministries wants to see God’s healing come to our land according to 2 Chronicles 7:14.
“God has an answer for the crisis the USA is facing. He asks us to turn
from our wicked ways as a nation and by doing so He will heal our land—He will fix the economy and give us strong families,” says
Steven. “God loves us.”
Andrew pointed to a famous quote from President Abraham Lincoln: “It is the duty of all nations … to confess their sins and
transgressions … with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to
mercy and pardon” and suggests a two-step national repentance plan.
first step is to agree with God to repent of personal and national sin.
The second step is to actively promote righteousness. Christians are
encouraged to call talk shows and read 2 Chronicles 7:14, blog about
God, run for office, bring back the Bible and Christian prayer to
schools and get involved in other creative ways.
Andrew has identified the key sins for which he is calling the U.S. to repent. The sins include:
• A lukewarm church (Revelation 3:16)
• Separation of church and state lie (2 Chronicles 15:2)
• Not raising children in the Lord (Ephesians 6:4)
• Allowing 53-plus million abortions (Exodus 20:13)
• Not honoring our father and mother (Deuteronomy 5:16)
• Condoning sexual and homosexual sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
• Serving money instead of God (Matthew 6:24)
• Voting for ungodly people (2 Chronicles 19:2)
• Putting trust in something other than God (Proverbs 3:5-6)
• Not seeking God’s counsel (John 15:5)
• Unbelief that God will heal our Christian nation (Zephaniah 1:12)
• Allowing foreign gods (Judges 10:13-14)
• Being divided instead of keeping the unity of the Spirit (Matthew 12:25)
• Selfish individualism and other sin (John 13:34)
“I am asking every American to give all your heart to
Jesus Christ. Jesus suffered on the cross and died for our sins,” Andrew says. “Let’s ask God to fill our government, schools and
courts. We need God in America.”