John Maxwell | Thomas Nelson
Best-selling author, preacher and Christian business leader John Maxwell understands that when we connect while communicating, we can inspire positive change in others’ lives. Over the years, Maxwell has learned what makes people respond.
In his new book, he teaches how to connect through principles and practices that can be applied to our spiritual, personal and professional lives.
Using stories from his own life, statistics and anecdotes from people across the country, he illustrates the following:
• Connecting increases your influence.
• Connecting is about others.
• Connecting goes beyond words.
• Connecting always requires energy.
• Connecting is more skill than natural talent.
• Connectors connect on common ground.
• Connectors do the difficult work of keeping it simple.
• Connectors create an experience everyone enjoys.
• Connectors inspire people.
• Connectors live what they communicate.
A unique aspect of this book is that Maxwell and his team wanted the public to be part of the writing process. As he finished writing each chapter, he posted them on his blog. Readers sent in anecdotes, ideas and suggestions. Maxwell used some of the visitors’ stories in the book and implemented more than 100 editorial changes based on feedback.
“If you want to succeed,” Maxwell says, “you must learn to connect with others.” He also believes that everyone can develop the skill to connect, and his book helps readers do that.
Click here to purchase this book.