In today's global society, we continue to see an increase of violence, rampant shootings, riots, tumultuous weather patterns, racial strife, instability in North Korea, chaos in Syria and the Middle East, Russia's re-emergence and wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:3-14). How are we to respond in these perilous times? (2 Tim. 3:1). These events leave us with a simple choice that we must make. This one question must be answered: Will we respond in fear or faith?
In a time of confusion, strife and fierce anti-Semitism, the stateswoman Corrie Ten Boom declared, "There is no panic in heaven! God has no problems, only plans."
If the church is pushing the panic button instead of faith and trust, prayer and confidence towards God, what do we expect the world to look like? Instead, we must create a culture of faith instead of fear!
What Time Is It?
Many of us are aware that Jesus only did what He saw the Father doing (John 5:19). Like Jesus, we must also be about our Father's business (see Luke 2:49). Not only are we to be tuned into doing what He does, but we must get synced into His timetable and do what He wants when He wants it done. As a result, we must periodically ask ourselves the pertinent and strategic question, "What time is it?"
To be able to discern the times and the seasons and give wisdom application for the days in which we live (2 Chron. 12:32) we must learn to recognize, honor and build upon the various historical birthings of the Holy Spirit in our midst. We are not to despise the day of a small beginning (Zech. 4:10)
Some Demarcations in the Calendar of God
- 20 years ago, Promise Keepers hosted the Million Man March in Washington, D. C. God remembers that time of holy consecration and will answer with a turnaround in the Supreme Court of the U.S.A.
- 20 years ago, Women on the Frontlines was birthed in Nashville, Tennessee. Today, there is a godly global women's movement that will confront the global sex trade industry.
- 50 years ago was the birth of the charismatic renewal in the Christian churches. This is one of the largest and most impacting movements in all of church history. Another wave is coming!
- 50 years ago was the birth of the Jesus People movement on the West Coast of the United States. A remnant of that very movement is now emerging as leaders in the new apostolic era.
- 50 years ago was the birth of the Messianic Movement, with thousands of Jewish people finding Jesus as their Messiah. What will come next?
- 50 years ago as a result of the 6-Day War, Jerusalem became a united city under Jewish governing rule. This is one of the greatest, a modern-day miracles fulfilling biblical prophecy.
- 500 years ago was the beginning of the great Reformation when Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses on the wooden door of the church in Wittenberg, Germany. We are now crossing over into the beginning of a great transformation.
A Prophetic Encounter
On Sept. 30, 2017, on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, I had a prophetic encounter in the middle of the night. While asleep in my home, I had an electric burst of energy hit my body. Though this power surge lasted but a moment, it resulted in a manifestation of the voice of God bursting forth within me. I was awakened hearing myself prophesy, "The days of acceleration. It's the beginning of the days of acceleration!" Yes, I was awakened! Indeed, I was walking through another prophetic parable for the body of Christ.
What time is it? It is the beginning of the days of acceleration where the purposes of God are sped up. It is Time for an awakening of the power and the voice of God. It is time for a global awakening.
How Should We Respond?
In these turbulent times, what must we do? How should we live? Are we going to be casualties on the battlefield or warriors enforcing the victory of Calvary? The choice is ours! We must act in the opposite spirit of the world and cultivating the culture of faith instead of fear. Consider these two simple applications:
- Put on the Full Armor of God
Paul wrote to the members of the church in Ephesus, "Put on the whole armor of God" (Eph. 6:11). His advice applies to every single member of the body of Christ; that means each one of us must wear every piece of spiritual armor daily. (Eph. 6:14-18.)
As an important part of that full armor, well-equipped Christians carry a "shield of faith." With the shield of faith, we can extinguish the fiery arrows of the evil one and shield our fellow soldiers (Eph. 6:16). We must take it up and use it. But let's not just have a defensive mindset; let's have the mindset of an overcomer.
- Shine as Lights in the Midst of Darkness
Matthew 5:14 records the words of Jesus where He said to His disciples, "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."
John 8:12 states, "Again, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life."
Light always overcomes darkness. Indeed, Jesus is the light. It is then our responsibility to be carriers of His penetrating light into the world, manifesting His brilliant presence into all the spheres of society today.
Yes, it's time for the days of acceleration. It's time for a new Jesus People movement to emerge. It's time for the Feast of Tabernacles to be fulfilled. It's Time for an end-time harvest of souls. It's time for a global awakening to manifest. It's time for a fresh power surge to hit the body of Christ. It's time for the Lamb of God to receive the rewards of His suffering. It's Time for a global worship movement to proceed where the Spirit and the Bride declare, "Even so, come Lord Jesus" (Rev. 22:7b)
Perhaps He is coming in an unprecedented outpouring of His presence to us before He comes for us. In the midst of these turbulent times, let faith arise within you and shine forth with the light of God into the world around you!
Dr. James Goll is the founder of Encounters Network, Prayer Storm and helps carry on the work of Compassion Acts. For information on his online school visit: geteschool.com. James continues to live in Tennessee and is a joyful father and grandfather today.